Local Time: 22:12 | -2° C / 10° C
The first stone of the Hotel & Spa
San Cassiano was founded in 1780 on the small „Armentarola“ village, meaning in Ladin pasture for the young livestock.
The first stone of today‘s “Rosa Alpina” was laid in 1850 when from the donation made by a prosperous family from San Cassiano to the Church, a „Vidum“, a parish priest house, was built. Since the very beginning the parishioners were running in that house a small restaurant, an inn and some rooms for the guests.
At that time San Cassiano counted little more than 100 inhabitants and the village was made of the church, the priest house, the school, the sexton‘s house and about ten huts spread in the mountains.